Nearly 3 months ago, The U.S of Tay was launched and a brand new blog was born. It has been an incredible start to an exciting journey and I have learnt so much about blogging, communities, values, hard work and more. Along the way, not only have I met a great deal of inspiring people, but I have discovered some amazing blogs. I have been shown with a little hard work and focus, the value of sharing thoughts, information (including tips and guides) and experiences with others. I am so pleased and honored to have been nominated for these awards, and I want to thank everyone in the blogging community for standing by me on my journey.
Blogger Recognition Award
I have been nominated by the gorgeous Chantal from www.growinggirlswithcurls.com for the blogger recognitions award. Chantal is a lifestyle blogger with 2 beautiful girls, who shares with us her journey through life. On her blog, you can find anything from the children’s hair routine (who have the most adorable and best looking hair I’ve ever seen!) to how she deals with some of life’s biggest challenges. She tells it how it is, which is one of the reasons why her blog is inspiring and such a good read. So A massive thank you to Chantal for the award
The rules for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of How/Why you started blogging
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them giving the link to the post you have created
How/Why did I start blogging?
I’d heard of blogging a lot before I considered creating one myself, and originally, starting The U.S of Tay was about sharing my journey and experiences of living in France, torn between 2 (or 3) cultures and beliefs. Then when I actually got into the blog, I realized just how much there is to learn and earn, as well as how many friends you can make! I have grown so much in the last 2-3 months as a person thanks to blogging, and I hope that it is simply the start of an incredible journey to come.
My advice to new bloggers
- Just keep going. In the beginning it’s easy: everything’s new, the learning ball you’re on is still rolling and you’re excited about it. Then the novelty wears off (usually after a couple of months). All the new information becomes overwhelming, you may lose a bit of direction and the hard work is not so exciting anymore. But it’s just a phase. Take a little time off and forget about blogging completely (a day, a week or even a couple of weeks if you have to) then knuckle back down and get back into kicking butt – it will be so worth it! For you, and for your followers…
- Unleash the organizational freak in you! Everyone blogs for different reasons and therefore everyone has different goals. You may wish to make a full income from your blog one day, or you may just want to express yourself as much as possible through blog posts. Whatever your goal is, create as many plans as you can and get organized about it. It’ll be pretty hard not to reach your goal if you’re not organized! How can you get organized? I created a whole load of work sheets (contact me if you’d like access to them!) such as article post planners, editorial calendars, and even end of month reports. I plan EVERYTHING! Daily and weekly tasks, my calendar of blog posts and titles etc. But however much organizing you do, remember to have fun and enjoy blogging – don’t let the organization take over!
As a thank you and acceptance of The Blogger Recognition Award, here are my nominations to whom I pass on the award:
Kirsten at https://www.obtainingbliss.com/
Irene at https://lifeofwanderlusters.com
DeAndrea at https://www.deandreaashanelle.com/
Alma at http://blessmama.com/
Amy at http://saltandskillet.com/
Michelle at http://www.cherryblossom56.com/
Carrie and Katrina at https://justchillinwithcarrieandkat.com/
Cathy at https://www.mswellnessroute.com/
Emily at http://creativegeeklifestyle.com
Amber at http://www.allnaturaljoy.com/
Margot at https://margotcarmichael.com/
SaraBeth at http://www.ahardmomlife.com/
Wendy at http://www.atlaneandhigh.com/
Carlee at http://carleehebert.com/
The Liebster Award is a way to connect bloggers and create a sense of community. It encourages the promotion and support among new bloggers, by sharing the links of the nominees and having a little or big description about the blog and person who nominated you in the first place. It also comes with a Q&A to answer. Every nominee chooses 10 questions to ask the next nominated bloggers. To learn more about the Liebster Award you can visit the Official Rules here.
Liebster Award Nomination rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the blogger’s questions
- Create questions for the chosen bloggers
- Nominate between 5 to 11 new bloggers with 200 readers or less
- List the rules in your blog
- Tell your nominees they have been chosen
I want to give a HUGE thanks to Irene from Life of Wanderlusters for this awesome award! Irene blogs about anything from lifestyle to traveling, sharing great tips and information from her personal experiences. Be sure to check out her blog!
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I have 2 Passports
2. I am obsessed with chips ahoy chewie cookies
3. I play the Piano and sometimes the guitar
4. I competed in the Karate World Cup in Japan 2015
5. I am a huge fan of Football and the Seahawks
6. If I watch any program on TV that’s American, I have to switch the language back to English (I’m in France – it’s just not the same in French!)
7. I have never been in the Southern Hemisphere
8. I prefer cold to hot (snow to sun)
9. I am obsessed with rainy days
10. I secretly love knitting, crocheting and sewing projects
Questions from Irene
1. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why?
Sorry but apart from batman, spiderman and wonderwoman, I probably couldn’t name you any!
2. What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
There’s a few I loved writing, but I would have to say 12 Things I Wish I Had Known When Planning A Trip To Alaska because I loved reminiscing, loved looking back through my photos and found it interesting myself seeing the points that stuck out. They are also points that not many people would think about, so hopefully helped some peeps out!
3. How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse? Justify your answer!
I wouldn’t – I’d be terrible because it’s all BS and I wouldn’t believe in zombies until I saw one. Which would then most likely be too late.
4. Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
Yes! The Harry Potter Studios!! As most people, I read all the books when I was younger and I love the films. It was fascinating seeing how the movies were put together, but my all-time bucket list number 1 is to go to Harry Potter world at Disney Florida.
5. If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
My mom. She’s just as much of a traveler as I am, we have so much fun together and it would save me explaining every detail when I get back anyway!
6. Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most?
Japan. The culture and its beauty is just out of this world. I would love to go back, but I could easily spend years there exploring.
7. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
Moved country. You just don’t realize at the time in what ways it will change or effect you.
8. What is your favorite dish?
Cheese Fondue. Without a doubt.
9. What do you think of selfie sticks?
I don’t – that’s my problem! I have one yet I never ever think to take it somewhere. I’m not a massive fan of selfies, but at least that way you’re in some photos.
10. When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
Move on to something else and come back to it. Usually I get writers block when I’m either tired, or have too much going on. So I get some other stuff done then go back to writing when I’m in a relaxed and quiet environment to concentrate. I also find putting on some nature music in the background makes a HUGE difference!
Kaity at http://withkidsandcoffee.com/
Jordan at https://www.jordanmwa.com/
Amanda at http://www.ambitiouslyamanda.ca/
Marine at https://frenchpipelette.com/
(comme ton blog est en Français j’espère que tu accepte le prix quand même, et ça sera chouette si tu pourrait continuer à nommer d’autres bloggers, même en France/Français! )
1. If you won $1,000,000, what would you do with it?
2. What is your blogging goal and what will you do to reach it?
3. If you could choose anywhere to be right now, where would you chose and what would you be doing?
4. If you could go to dinner with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
5. What’s your favorite blogging topic?
6. Which blogger has inspired you the most?
7. Do you use your own photos or do you use stock photos for your blog?
8. Gym or home for working out?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
10. What’s the most exciting adventure you’ve ever had?
A huge thanks to everyone in the blogging community for such an awesome journey, and congratulations to my nominees! Keep up the great blogging!